CLC & Capstone (Class of 2020)
CLC Coordinator – Mrs. Munns
CLC Team – Mrs. Munns, Ms. Jew, Mr. Pavao, Mr. Annandale, Ms. Callander
Career Life Connections – Important Points
CLC is a 2-credit course that replaces the content of the old Graduation Transitions Program and focuses on three major themes to prepare you for life after high school
- Personal Development (preparation for post graduation)
- Connections to Community (perspectives and transferable skills)
- Career Life Plan (career, finances, education, health & well-being)
- Minimum of 30 hours career exploration and volunteer opportunities
CLC will be offered as a course in the library to work with a member of the CLC team to complete the course (offered through Google Classroom)
- October & November – students report on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s (during Career Ed 12 block) to check-in and provide a progress update
- Goal is to have students complete the CLC (curriculum) by December 1st. After successful completion of the course, the block will become a study block for students for the remainder of the school year.
A final mark (percentage) will be recorded on the final report card in June.
Capstone Project – Important Points
Capstone is a 2-credit course component required for graduation and is an inquiry regarding a topic of interest for a student.
Capstone and CLC run concurrently with a tentative timeline of Capstone Presentations the week of February 3 – 7th.
Options for the Capstone Project
- Inquiry/Research Capstone (further inquiry into a specific topic)
- Event/Service Capstone (hosting of an event)
- Project Based Capstone (creative of a tangible object)
- Career/Entrepreneur Capstone (entrepreneurial interest)
Components of the Capstone Project
- The Proposal (requires approval from the Capstone Coordinator)
- The Experience (working with a mentor through the process)
- The Portfolio (physical or digital portfolio summarizing your Capstone experience)
- The Presentation (presentation of Capstone)
- The Reflection (reflection on the experience, new learning and next steps)
Google Classroom Access Codes (using student’s GAFE accounts @deltalearns.ca)
- uk39mal – CLC 12 Google Classroom
- vrcrim4 – Capstone Project Google Classroom